The Great Fire
In June of 1986 the forum library in Hendrix, the only room at the time, was partically destroyed by the Great Fire. The shelves, from A-M were all toasted. When the ashes were being sifted through, a few books were found to have only been slightly burnt. Yet one was left untouched, ‘Fahrenheit 451’ by Ray Bradbury.
The cause of the fire was suspected to be a cigarette left on a couch. This is why you don't smoke in the Forum.
- We lost everything, except, oddly enough, Fahrenheit 451. That's the only thing that survived." - 1 of 2